Estee Lauder had an ageing problem. Gen Y women felt that Estee Lauder was a brand for their older aunts and grandmas. There was a need to change perception and make Estee Lauder relevant to the next generation of young women.
Our research showed that Gen Y females were online and engaged mostly in the morning, often checking the weather to decide which outfits to wear for the day. Merging human behaviour with a fresh digital solution, we built an online campaign which highlighted the importance of SPF protection for healthy, youthful skin. Offering free samples of product along with added incentives when women posted online reviews, we created a new generation of positive youth advocates for the Estee Lauder brand.
- Facebook likes increased by over 300%
- Estee Lauder Daywear was shared on Facebook 122,483 times in just 4 weeks
- Created an online community of positively engaged 25 – 34 year old women
- Median age of community dropped a staggering 26 years and a drop of 20 years for those intending to purchase Estee Lauder
- Click-thru rates jumped to 10 times the industry average